WAHCA AGENCY PORTAL
Washington Home Care Association was formed in 2005 to advance the field of Home Care in Washington State and support member home care agencies.
Have Questions about COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
What We Do For Our Member Agencies
WAHCA is the state chapter of the Home Care Association of America (HCAOA). WAHCA was formed in 2005 to advance the field of Home Care in Washington State. We support member home care agencies in Washington state to be in compliance with the Department of Health, lobbying efforts on behalf of businesses, caregivers, and the people we care for. With the goal to provide excellent In-Home Care to seniors and those in need across the state of Washington.
The Latest News on our Agency Blog
Aging in place is becoming increasingly popular with adults as they grow in years, and…
We are actively working with the Department of Health to better understand the timing and process of Covid-19 vaccinations for home care workers who are part of the DOH issued phase 1a. DOH has confirmed that the current vaccine supply in Washington is very limited. DOH is currently working with health care systems and hospitals
As per Gov. Jay Inslee press… Gov. Jay Inslee announced guidance today that allows long-term…
Contact us regarding membership.
Gain access to WAHCA member events, webinars and news.
What are the requirements to be a WAHCA member caregiver?
To be able to work for a WAHCA member agency, all candidates for employment must:
- Be able to work legally in the United States
- Possess a Department of Health credential such as a CNA, NAC, NAR, or HCA credential.
- Must be able to pass a DSHS BCCU background check with no disqualifying offenses against vulnerable adults or children.
- Must have completed or are registered to complete the required testing and education for obtaining license if not already completed prior to application.
- Must complete 12 hours of continuing credits each year
- Must pass all agency specific requirements, background checks, credentialing, and orientation requirements.